Laser Safety Officer certification can be earned after passing the online certification exam inside the Academy Centrium Tech LTD platform.
– Prerequisites – To be able to take this test and gain a certificate, you must have a minimum of previous 5-year working experience with optical telecommunications networks or have worked near telecommunication laser equipment. It is desirable (but not mandatory, if you have relevant working experience) that the candidate possess a university degree in the field of electrical engineering or telecommunications. Any person who wishes to be tested to have the opportunity to obtain a Laser Safety Officer certificate must have completed a prior laser safety training, and to provide valid evidence for attendance issued from our company or from another training company.
– Online test – Before testing, candidates are given a unique online link where the test is set up, only for them. The candidate is registering on the test platform. The test consists of 25 unique questions, created by CentriumTech LTD. Questions contain text, images, or tables from which it is necessary to find the result of the calculations. The answers to the questions are with one correct answer, two correct answers or more correct answers to be selected (to be chosen). More complicated questions require candidates to make calculations to get the right result. Upon completion of the test, the test platform automatically informs the candidate of the results of the test.
– Completion of testing and validation of results – Upon completion of testing, in the test platform the results of each candidate remain. They are reviewed by CentriumTech LTD and if there are at least 85% accurate results finally it is confirmed that the test is successful. If the result is below this limit, the test can be repeated. CentriumTech LTD introduces a rule of opportunity for a candidate to be tested a maximum of 3 times. In case you do not pass the test three times, due to the sensitivity of the Telco Laser Safety, and in order to ensure quality workplace protection, CentriumTech LTD does not allow this candidate to obtain a certificate for the Laser Safety Officer, so it will have to seek a test facility with other companies if it wants to acquire a similar certificate.
– Certification – In the case of the test success, the candidate will be informed within 14 days that he has obtained a certificate for the Laser Safety Officer and will receive it in electronic form. The certificate is in a unique form, indicating that the person is a certified Laser Safety Officer. If the candidate wishes to receive the certificate in a written paper, he will have to deposit the delivery address and pay further for printing the paper version of the certificate and its delivery to the address.
– Certificate validity period – The Laser Safety Officer certificate is valid for a period of 5 years.